2014/06/06

We Know It Ain't Right But We Do It Anyway

Wide pants look very masculine and feminine at the same time. You can't tell them apart from an ankle length skirt (Although funnily enough, they are almost floor-length on the website's model. Tall people problems.), yet at the same time they remind me of hakama - traditional Japanese trousers men would wear. And from there my mind's associations drift to Yohji Yamamoto's designs, and yankiis, which is why I climbed a barber wire lined wall (being reminded my old Japanese women that it's actually dangerous) and posed like a Japanese bike gang member (possibly) would.
The entire outfit is a take on power dressing from a completely different point of view - being inspired by the outcasts rather than the businessmen. It's what I see as femininity - strength rather than submissiveness. (P.S. A funny fact - the MAC lipstick I am wearing in the photos is called Rebel. Snap.)



WIDE TROUSERS - C/O FRONTROWSHOP | PLATFORM SANDALS - NASTYGAL | BIKINI TOP - C/O OASAP | MESH TOP - THRIFTED | SUSPENDERS - H&M | BRACELET & BANGLE SET - C/O FRONTROWSHOP

photos by CLIO ZĂ„UNER

9 comments:

  1. I've never tried wide trousers like this. They look cool af here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the key is in combining them with something that's bodycon or feminine rather than something oversized. Definitely go for it, they're so comfortable. And I have this thing about oversized clothing, it feels like an armour, it's my favourite way of 'powerdressing'.

      Delete
  2. Love it Haru, you rock those trousers! I agree, they look just like hakama. I swear this trend started because of japanese street fashion and Yohji, the powerful look suits you! :D

    from likkie,
    thedippster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute photos!
    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate all of them. l'll try to answer asap! ♡