2014/06/27

everyday black.

After my first pair of sneakers in about 10 years comes another shock - a backpack! Aside from the visual trauma of badly designed sports backpacks being 'the thing' pretty much my entire childhood, I'd been refusing to wear backpacks also because I find them uncomfortable - having to take them off every time I need to take something out really irks me. I have been thinking about getting a small leather one recently though, because I like the look, and it allows you to have both hands free if you need to. Also because it's far removed from the massive trekking backpacks, I can carry it on one shoulder and take things out and put them in while walking without having to stop.
I got really excited over this one Motel Vintage was kind enough to send over. Motel's Vintage range is about making one-offs by recycling vintage pieces, which means that even if the basic design of two garments is similar, they always slightly differ in patterns or textures. This backpack for instance was made from vintage leather jackets, and knowing that, you can see it in its texture, which slightly reminds me of patchwork, but done in a very subtle, monochrome way.
The rest of the outfit is kept simple (and black) - a minidress, sneakers, ankle socks, accessories kept to minimum, and hair slicked back has sort of become my uniform these days. (The weather here is getting hotter and hotter, to be fair.)


SLIP ON MINIDRESS - VINTAGE | WANG SWEATSHIRT - LES (ART)ISTS | SWIMSUIT BRA - C/O OASAP | SOCKS - MONKI | SILVER BANGLE - C/O FRONTROWSHOP | SNEAKERS - NIKE AIR MAX | LEATHER BACKPACK - C/O MOTEL VINTAGE


4 comments:

  1. You always look incredible, and I love the way you make simple things looks so beautiful and stylish. Also so jealous of your legs for days ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you have to give a lot of credit to the simple things themselves, too.

      Delete
  2. your look is fantstic. I love black dress.

    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate all of them. l'll try to answer asap! ♡